Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind, and dance upon the mountains like a flame!
~W.B. Yeats




Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,

The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams...

~W.B. Yeats



Sunday, March 23, 2014

Eleanor of Aquitaine, the first one






Remember her?
I stitched her about 10 or 11 years ago. 
Back then, I was really poor and I framed her the best way I knew how and could afford.

Recently I noticed her mat was just not very pretty (it faded, which means she didn't have any UVA glass, OMG!),  and I wasn't overly fond of the frame I had for her.
I also noticed she was looking a little "wavy" under the glass.

So, I took her apart and to my....uh...hmmmmm... horror...astonishment...amazement...? OK, we will leave it at amazement... To my amazement, I  saw that I had used DUCT TAPE to tape the fabric to the flimsy piece of the cardboard that was in that cheap frame I had acquired. lol

I must apologize for the flash in the picture. I just could not get an accurate color without the flash. (And I have no idea what that line is on the lower left corner...)

You know, framing options have come a long way since I framed her. I don't think they had suede mats available then. I know I could not have afforded one then. Also, if you can see closely, the inner gold mat I have has sparkle to it. I LOVE! that mat.
I also love the mat cut. Once I did something with an arch, so I kind of had that idea in my mind. When I saw this cut, I was excited.
Well, truth be known, I was excited about the whole thing!!!!
And I had to wait THREE WHOLE WEEKS for that sparkly gold mat to come in because it was out of stock. (I know, right, everyone wanted it!)

I shall attach Eleanor's "before" picture below so you can see my poor queen before she got her new look. If you look closely, you can see a tiny bit of her frame.

Enjoy your week! I'm heading for my couch and my stitching, and the fire that is already waiting there for me. (I sure my love my honey, he's so good to me)




6 comments:

Chris said...

Her new look is lovely!

Aileen said...

She is even more regal with her new look! Just beautiful...

Aileen said...

She is even more regal with her new look! Just beautiful...

Vickie said...

Oh wow! Just fabulous!

valerie said...

Gorgeous! Her new look totally befits her!

Stitching Noni said...

Love the new look for your beautiful queen! So glad that you decided to re-frame her :)