Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind, and dance upon the mountains like a flame!
~W.B. Yeats




Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,

The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams...

~W.B. Yeats



Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Another bird--Ann Tarbox by Hillside Samplings





I bet it never occurred to you that I like birds. haha
But it's true, I do.

I was going to tell you which designer this came from but I have spent the morning (well, not the WHOLE morning) trying to figure it out. But nooooooooo. I don't remember. And I can't find it wherever I have looked. (If one of you really wants to know, I   *do*   have a box someplace that has all my previously stitched charts in it and I will look there for you)

Part of the problem is that I stitched it years ago. And the reason I haven't shown it to you before now is because I never finish finished it. And I put it away in my cupboard where I stored lots of other pretties.  I was originally going to frame it and I tried to find a frame that I liked but I just couldn't figure out the right color to go with it. So then I thought I would turn it into a box cover. But then, THAT never happened either because I couldn't figure out which color trims to use.  LOL

Recently, as you know, I've been pulling these things out of their "finished basket" and taking them to my friend at the frame shop. We work super well together. She picks the prettiest colors for mats, things I wouldn't have thought of. And then that makes me think of something else.  This is the mat she found. But the frame she had was too modern. So we fiddled around with frames until I came across this one.

I'm so into frames and the very last little details.

I was so excited to find this frame because the leaf design in the frame matches the leaves on the branches absolutely PERFECTLY!

4 comments:

Vickie said...

Perfect is right! Great job!

Chris said...

Ann Tarbox by Hillside Samplings.
I stitched this one too! Love it!

Aileen said...

Hi Narita, I absolutely love your blog and your taste in needlework. This finish is outstanding! So beautiful! If you ever find that chart again I would love to purchase it from you-Ann Tarbox has been on my wishlist forever and seeing yours so beautifully finished has just strengthened my wishing! Lol Gorgeous work..

Stitching Noni said...

What a lovely bird... Well done on a great finish. And how wonderful that someone recognised the designer :)