Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind, and dance upon the mountains like a flame!
~W.B. Yeats




Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,

The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams...

~W.B. Yeats



Sunday, February 9, 2014

Deep Blue Sea, a side


Here's a portion of it. We have 4 different sides. The title of this lovely design is called Deep Blue Sea, by Chatelaine Designs. I had the fabric dyed specially for this. Paula, from Crossed Wing did it for me. I LOVE the way she dyes her fabrics. Very soft blends, no drastic, splotchyness.

A year ago, I posted a picture of the whole piece, if you are interested in seeing it.  Its very large, like...30" square, or so. The finished stitched part is "only" 25".

2 comments:

MarchAnn said...

It is looking wonderful. I love this pattern and you picked a very nice fabric to do it on. I love watching your progress.
Mine will have to stay in its storage box for a while but one day I will get to it.

Kate said...

so gorgeous!! mine is slowly being kitted