Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind, and dance upon the mountains like a flame!
~W.B. Yeats




Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,

The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams...

~W.B. Yeats



Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Sampler Guild piece update


I have been so lax at posting...
This has got to be the busiest set of months I've had in my whole life!

I decided this is the year I am going to learn new things and have new experiences. Gosh, have I... So much so that I've not taken an update picture in weeks and weeks. In fact, these pictures I am showing you now, are totally outdated. lol   The bottom one is closer to the truth. Though I've since stitched the border around both sides and have completed the alphabet.

As you can see from the earlier picture, I changed the navy blue flowers into periwinkle Forget-Me-Nots. Plus I may have changed that center border a bit, as well...

I hope you're all enjoying your stitching. I can't wait to get back to mine (I've been really enjoying stitching Just Nan's Miss Kitty cube--a gift from my friend, Vilma) ty Vilma!!! (We are stitching them together)



4 comments:

Annie said...

So very beautiful!

valerie said...

Very pretty! I kind of regret not getting the pattern now. I think you've got a lot of progress done!

Vickie said...

Oh goodness! This is gorgeous!

Annette-California said...

So gorgeous!!! Love your color changes. I haven't started mine yet. sigh.... love Annette