Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind, and dance upon the mountains like a flame!
~W.B. Yeats




Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,

The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams...

~W.B. Yeats



Sunday, June 2, 2013

OOPSIE!!!!!

HA! Do you ever stitch something the WRONG COLOR on an accident? Mannn, I sure did. LOL Nearly the whole thing. And because its one thread over one on 32 count, the X's are soooooooo tiny that I can't even remove them with my needle. (that would be 1024 X's per square inch, just to get an idea of how many X's I removed...lol)Do you know it took me nearly SEVEN HOURS to remove them?! Wow. I had to use my verrrrrry sharp tipped tweezers. Those awesome ones that aren't even made anymore. Why do they quit making awesome things? What WERE they thinking?! Pfffffft what was *I* thinking stitching all that house with the wrong thread color... I briefly thought about making it a purple house instead of the intended beige house, but nooooooo, it MUST be right!

6 comments:

Deborah at Tempting Tangles said...

I will NEVER complain about having to frog something again. OMG

Chris said...

UGH!! That stinks. I hope that your stitching this week is easier :)

Vickie said...

What a pain. Yes, I have been there with the frogging one over one on 32ct. Yucko!

Margaret said...

OH NO!!!!! Oh that's the worst! Over one, and so much of it too! You are brave to decide to go with the correct color. Good luck with all the frogging.

Can I say I've enjoyed browsing your blog? Beautiful stitching! Lovely family! And that little Angel kitty! Soooo cute!!! How many kitties do you have?

Anonymous said...

What a shame! Hope you don't need to frog any more!

Annette-California said...

I felt your pain my friend. Goodness gracious, I cannot even imagine. And you did it!!! Hope you don't have to frog anymore. love Annette