Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind, and dance upon the mountains like a flame!
~W.B. Yeats




Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,

The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams...

~W.B. Yeats



Friday, August 24, 2012

No more red...BLUE instead!

The red beads were pretty, but had to go. There just wasn't enough red in the outer border of the design to balance them. I took them out and have them almost all replaced now with the blue ones. I used three of them and just scattered them, choosing the shade as I went. I ordered more of the Delica 864's and now am just going to wait for them to arrive. Looks like there are plenty of the other colors.

2 comments:

twinpeakprimitives said...

Looks just terrific!
Happy weekend!

Deborah at Tempting Tangles said...

dI know what you mean about the balance. Sometimes we just have to physically stitch something to see what it is really going to look like - and then change it. That happens with my designs once in a while - thankfully only parts, not the whole thing! I love these updates.
Deb