Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind, and dance upon the mountains like a flame!
~W.B. Yeats




Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,

The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams...

~W.B. Yeats



Sunday, September 4, 2011

A new something...



I started something new last Sunday. And I don't think I shall tell you what it is. I think it will be more fun to see how it turns out, rather than showing you a picture of the finished goal.

Hints though...
it will take about a year to complete
this center picture is a pond
I will put all the beads in at the end
I have made others by this designer

Those of you that know what this design is (because you just know me), please don't tell. But those of you who are guessing--please guess away!

Who do you think the designer is?
Which design do you think it is?

7 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It's a Chatelaine but I don't know which. I'm guessing a "... Garden Mandala"?
Whatever it is it's beautiful. I love the turquoise.

~Narita said...

hehe
Definitely a Chatelaine... :)

And yes... its a garden mandala. LOL She does a LOT of them

Wait 'til you see the next picture! I started filling in the missing (from my kit) threads and its ever so lovely.

Thank you for leaving me a comment, I love them!!!!!!!!

Ruth said...

regardless of the pattern -- hurry up! I want to see it finished. :) Ok, so patience isn't my forte.

Beautiful stitching!

Julie said...

Hi Narita from New Zealand.

Love your work. I too thought it might be a chatelaine, but not sure which one.
Have you framed your beautiful Flower Power yet? I hope to do that in the future.

~Narita said...

Hi Julie,

I've not framed it yet. I need to kinda spot clean it a bit and then take the HUGE frame I have to the frame place and have them cut it down and remake it for me. And recut the glass (or maybe I might buy some of that really good glass...) Can you imagine how much $$$$$ it would cost to have it framed if I didn't already have a nice frame? A lot, I'm sure.

Its really a beautiful design, especially in person. Photos never do our things justice. Once I saw the fabric the designer did for it, I HAD to stitch it.

Thank you for commenting on my blog!!!! I get so excited when I see a comment! lol

Julie said...

Yes, I think I can imagine how much it might cost to frame such a large piece. Even small pieces here cost $$$ if done by a good framer!
I loved the look of the special fabric the designer did. Is the fabric able to be washed, or do you think it might fade if it is in the sun? I have been thinking about using it when I do this piece.
Look forward to seeing your piece when you get it framed.

Best wishes,
Julie

~Narita said...

Hi Julie,

I think all fabric will fade if left where sun can get it. My life philosophy "better safe than sorry."

And yes, I was told the fabric may be washed. I also used my steam iron on it.

I like linen, but I DO NOT like the way creases are so difficult to remove from it. I'm thinking Lugana is my fabric of choice because it feels so nice in the hands and doesn't keep the wrinkles and because the threads are round, it makes the X's so nice and raised.