Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind, and dance upon the mountains like a flame!
~W.B. Yeats




Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,

The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams...

~W.B. Yeats



Sunday, April 3, 2016

FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eleanor of Aquitaine

Eleanor of Aquitaine is finally finished!!!
I started her in...2008?
But she got put away and I worked on other projects.

I decided she was worthy of finishing. And did NOT belong in a box.
PLUS, I have special friends that always tell me they check my blog and NO SIGN OF WORK ON ELEANOR.

So surprise to all of you, she's complete.

I was actually planning to work exclusively on her this year and (hopefully) finish her in time for the fair. BUT, my favorite framing shop and is closing and my FAVORITE FRAMER is moving to another state so I  had to work on her NON-STOP!

I had to wake up at 5 each morning and start in on her before taking off for my day. And then rush home and work on her MORE. (Lucky me to have such a patient husband)

Anyway, I have a lovely frame and mat all picked out and she's going to shop on Tuesday. I've picked a navy blue mat with gold frames. I'M SOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for all your cheering me on and wonderful compliments along the way.
They were sooo very much appreciated and truly helped keep me going.    xxoo

10 comments:

Vickie said...

Hooray! Looks so very lovely.

Annie said...

Congratulations on a stunning finish!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Well done on completing such an impressive design.

Brigitte said...

Wow, this finish is just stunning. Congratulations!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

What an amazing finish!! Congratulations! All those color changes skills drive me bonkers so I greatly admire anyone who stitches this type of work. Can't wait to see it framed!

Stitching Noni said...

Oh my goodness! She looks amazing! Well done on such a beautiful finish :o)
Hugs xx

valerie said...

Gorgeous!! I can't wait to see her all framed! So happy you accomplished this stunning finish. :)

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you to have this finish, she is just amazing and seeing her framed will be such a treat. I will have to make a special trip to the fair to see her displayed!!!!!!!! Awesome work!!!!!!

Susan said...

Beautiful. It is going to look amazing in the mat and frame. Looking forward to seeing it all framed.

Megan Joelle said...

This is magnificent! Well done on your finish :D