Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind, and dance upon the mountains like a flame!
~W.B. Yeats




Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,

The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams...

~W.B. Yeats



Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Silver Lining Iris

My mother stitched this iris for me because its pink and I love pink and her name is Iris and she loves them. She has all the Silver Lining iris's. I'm embarrassed to say I've had this in my "cupboard" for a few years now, but Mother has been in the hospital for the past 6+ weeks and I figured I just couldn't live with myself if she died and I didn't frame her picture, show it to her, and hang it up in my bedroom. I picked out the frame last week and ordered the mat and put it together last night. I just love how it turned out and can't wait to show it to her.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

That is a beautiful piece of stitching and looks great framed.
Sending best wishes for your Mum.

Ineke said...

That is a lovely and very special gift. I hope your mother will be able to see it hanging in your bedroom once. Best wishes to her.

valerie said...

That's lovely Narita!I'm glad you got around to framing it so your mom can see it. =)

Giovanna said...

Truly beautiful! Best wishes to your mother.

Valerie Kalyani said...

Nicely done! I bet she loved it.