Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind, and dance upon the mountains like a flame!
~W.B. Yeats




Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,

The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams...

~W.B. Yeats



Sunday, October 23, 2011

Garden Plot


Ohhhh the Garden Plot Thickens...

I'm only working on this when I'm all caught up on Herbularius. Each month another section of the design is given out and I just don't want to fall behind. I shall feel DOOMED if I do!
(Needless to say, I have fallen behind before in a couple of these massive undertakings and they are left in my cupboard, awaiting a reawakening)

I'm not overly crazy about the colors in this design. In fact, soon as I uncovered this again, I was struck by how dull the colors looked. I had to remind myself that they are NOT dull, they are lovely in their own way and the reason they SEEM dull is because one cannot help but compare them to the colors in Herbularius, which are quite vivid, rich and gorgeous.

3 comments:

Jeannette said...

Hi Narita, came across your blog on the stitchin fingers site. You do beautiful stitching & this is a lovely piece!

maisie sparrow's vintage pictures said...

Hi Narita -found your blog through stitching fingers.Beautiful work! Blessings.Maisie.

~mj~ said...

Love your progress on Garden Plot. I must confess I am altering the colours of mine so they show a bit better in my fabric. I am getting a bit annoyed with all the colour changes in the double running rows...too much stopping and starting. I am hoping it doesn`t turn into a UFO, but am getting fed up with it.