Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind, and dance upon the mountains like a flame!
~W.B. Yeats




Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,

The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams...

~W.B. Yeats



Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Garden Plot Thickens


Just this very morning I put the first stitches into my newest project: The Garden Plot Thickens, by Amy Mittens. Its a beautiful design with a lot of blackwork (in colors) and other lovely stitches, complete with a mystery story written by the designer. Looks like lots of fun.
I'm posting a finished picture of it, done by my friend, Ria. She did a gorgeous job on hers and inspired me to do my own. The picture I'm adding is just one small section of it because its very large--I'm thinking about 36" long.

2 comments:

Gabi said...

What a lovely sampler. Looking forward to see your Garden Plot growing. :)

Deborah at Tempting Tangles said...

This will be a really fun one to stitch - with the look of an antique, but with a clever twist of mystery.