Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind, and dance upon the mountains like a flame!
~W.B. Yeats




Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,

The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams...

~W.B. Yeats



Monday, February 22, 2016

My gift


Our Bay Area Sampler Guild (BASG) does a gift exchange each year. I drew the name of someone I really really like! So I sort of knew what I thought she might like.

I found this gorgeous fabric (picture just does NOT do it justice, unfortunately) and since she is Jewish, I found the Hamsa Hand chart. And then I went about matching up the colors to the fabric.

THEN, I came across this really neat purse frame handle and thought to myself, "Hmmmmmmmmm, I've never made a purse before, but wouldn't it make a cool gift if I could figure it out?!"

So I did!

6 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

What a spectacular gift!!! I absolutely love the fabric you used and the stitching and finishing are perfect. I'd be over the moon if someone gifted me something like this. Very, very pretty and elegant. Love it.

Aileen said...

Absolutely beautiful Narita-an exquisite gift.
...now you need to make one for your stitching bits and pieces!

stitch on...

Deborah at Tempting Tangles said...

I am just now reading a book where a character was identified by her necklace - a Hamsa- which I had seen but never heard the name and what it was till now.
Quite lovely!

hbksloss said...

It is gorgeous and I am over the moon!!!!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is just the most gorgeous bag, your friend is very lucky indeed!

Mamta Balani said...

Spectacularly exceptional.
http://mywhatsapphub.in/